Sauna Therapy

SHIPSTON’S ONLY INFRARED SAUNA

What is an infrared sauna?

Unlike a traditional sauna, infrared saunas don’t heat the air around you. Instead, they use infrared lamps (that use electromagnetic radiation) to warm your body directly.

“These saunas use infrared panels instead of conventional heat to easily penetrate human tissue, heating up your body before heating up the air,” explains physical therapist, Vivian Eisenstadt, MAPT, CPT, MASP.

An infrared sauna can operate at a lower temperature (usually between 120˚F and 140˚F) than a traditional sauna, which is typically between 150˚F and 180˚F.

There are claims that in an infrared sauna, only about 20 percent of the heat goes to heat the air and the other 80 percent directly heats your body. Supporters of infrared saunas say the heat penetrates more deeply than warmed air. This allows you to experience a more intense sweat at a lower temperature.

Eisenstadt says this environment is more tolerable, which allows you to stay in the sauna longer while increasing your core body temperature by two to three degrees (Thermogenesis).

“Compared to men who only used the sauna once per week, moderate sauna users (2-3 times per week) are 22% less likely to experience sudden cardiac death.”

Dr Rhonda Patrick

Cardiovascular disease

The World Health Organization estimates that nearly 18 million people die each year from cardiovascular diseases, roughly one-third of all deaths worldwide. Cardiovascular disease is largely preventable with lifestyle behaviors such as sauna use.

As described above, large prospective studies conducted in eastern Finland have shown that compared to men who only used the sauna once per week, moderate sauna users (2-3 times per week) are 22% less likely to experience sudden cardiac death, and frequent users (4-7 times per week) are 63% less likely to experience sudden cardiac death.[2] In addition, the frequent sauna users were found to be 37 percent less likely to die from all causes of premature death, regardless of age, activity levels, and lifestyle factors.

Foundmyfitness.com

BENEFITS

OF HEAT & LIGHT THERAPY

IMPROVE MENTAL WELLBEING

Gain focus & clarity
Visualisation & creativity
Stimulates deeper meditation

IMPROVE PHYSICAL WELLBEING

Lower Blood Pressure
Assist in Weight Management
Improve Flexibility

REDUCE PAIN & INFLAMMATION

The deep, penetrating infrared heat relaxes muscles, increases blood circulation and relieves inflammation, stiffness and soreness.

REDUCE PAIN & INFLAMMATION

Infrared raises the core body temperature, inducing an artificial fever, a mechanism which strengthens and accelerates the immune response.

What are the main benefits?

The benefits of using an infrared sauna are similar to those experienced with a traditional sauna. These include:

Reduced stress

Better sleep

Improved blood pressure

Relaxation

Detoxification

Weight management

Relief from sore muscles

Relief from joint pain such as arthritis

Clear and tighter skin

Improved circulation

Help for people with chronic fatigue syndrome

How long is a treatment?

Typically 30 minutes

What is the temperature?

Clients have rported an average use temperature of 125 F (52 C) degrees.

Can I play music?

Yes. We have a bluetooth link up to stream your music/podcast/audiobook whilst enjoying the heat!

SPIN & SWEAT

The Ultimate Work out / Work In package

This is a 60 minute session split between our Peloton Workout & Sauna Therapy.

Uninterrupted, Private Studio means you can get your sweat on with a 20 minute HIIT workout on the bike and then relax with your favourite music or podcast whilst soaking up the light therapy from the Infrared Sauna whilst further raising your body temperature. 

This is the only place in shipston that offers a package like this.

BOOK NOW

OPENING TIMES

Weekdays:  06:30 – 21:30 

Weekends: 06:30 – 14:00

SAUNA ONLY

Pay as you go

SPIN & SWEAT

Pay as you go

SPIN & SWEAT

Unlimited